Crazy Diamond Editorial specializes in mysteries, thrillers, and romance of all shades, as well as women’s fiction, paranormal, sci-fi, fantasy, young adult, and new adult stories, but if your project doesn’t fit into one of these categories, contact us anyway. We can probably help or help you find someone who can.
Crazy Diamond Editorial offers fast, reliable, accurate turnaround on your project–and we do our best to respect your voice and your hard work. We will agree on the scope of the project and the price before we get started–and we will never, ever charge you more than we agree upon.Some of the services offered are:
- Proofreading and Copy Editing–If all you need is a surface polish on your work, a Crazy Diamond Proofread or a more comprehensive Copy Edit will find and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, subject-verb agreement, word choice, capitalization, and hyphenation.
- Line Editing–You’ve finished your manuscript (Congratulations! Do you know how few people actually finish? You’re now one of a very select group of doers, not wishers), and now you need it cleaned up for submission to agents and editors or to produce the most professional indie-published product. You get everything in the Proofread above, plus a word-by-word, line-by-line review of word choice, sentence structure, point of view shifts, active versus passive voice, clarity, continuity, and word flow. We will also identify any formatting problems we see, as well as point out any big plot holes or characterization and deeper point of view issues. Finally, we know a little about a lot of subjects–and if we see a spot we think needs fact checking, we will let you know.
- Manuscript Evaluation–Not ready for a Developmental Edit (see below), but you want a high-level, big-picture, professional opinion of your work, or a portion of it? You’ve had your mother and aunt read your work and they’re gushing, but you’re not so sure? Crazy Diamond can give you a beta read and identify areas that work–or don’t–from a big-picture standpoint.
- Developmental Editing–This is a comprehensive review of all your novel’s systems–does your plot unfold logically? Do your characters act, grow, and transform by the end of the story? Are goal, motivation, and conflict clear? Are there loose ends that were never tied up? If it’s a nonfiction project, is it structured appropriately, and is your writing readable and accessible to its intended audience? We will read your project with a critical eye and we can have a dialogue about what works–and what doesn’t.
- Submission Package–You’re ready to submit your work to agents and editors–how about making it shine before you do? We will review your query letter, synopsis, and first three chapters/50 pages with a full copy/line edit.
- Website/Blog Review–Does your website copy have typos, spelling, grammar, or clarity issues? There’s a pretty good chance it does, unless you’ve had a second set of sharp eyes read every word. We can make it shine so that the only things your readers will see are your words and your brand message–not the mistakes.
We’d love to hear about your project! Use the form on the Contact Us page.
The world runs on stories–Crazy Diamond Editorial can help your words shine on.