Crazy Diamond Editing Services offers fast, reliable, accurate turnaround on your project–and we do our best to respect your voice and your hard work. We will agree on the scope of the project and the price before we get started–and we will never, ever charge you more than we agree upon.
Crazy Diamond can now take on more projects! Jane continues to specialize in romance of all kinds, as well as Young Adult and New Adult stories. Andy, the new guy, specializes in mysteries, thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy, and nonfiction, including academic editing.
Some of the services offered are:
- COMING SOON: COACHING SERVICES! Check back here if you need that extra push to get past writer’s block, learn time management, or need some sympathetic tough love to get that story finished.
- Proofreading–If all you need is a surface polish on your work, a Crazy Diamond proofread will find and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, subject-verb agreement, homonyms (words that sound alike but are spelled differently), capitalization, and hyphenation.
- Copy/Line Editing–You’ve finished your manuscript (Congratulations! Do you know how few people actually finish? You’re now one of a very select group of doers, not wishers), and now you need it cleaned up for submission to agents and editors or to produce the most professional indie-published product. You get everything in the Proofread above, plus a word-by-word, line-by-line review of word choice, sentence structure, point of view shifts, active versus passive voice, clarity, continuity, and word flow. We will also identify any formatting problems we see, as well as point out any big plot holes or characterization and deeper point of view issues. Finally, we know a little about a lot of subjects–and if we see a spot we think needs fact checking, we will let you know.
- Manuscript Evaluation/Developmental Editing–This is a big picture review–does your plot unfold logically? Do your characters act, grow, and transform by the end of the story? Are goal, motivation, and conflict clear? Are there loose ends that were never tied up? If it’s a nonfiction project, is it structured appropriately, and is your writing readable and accessible to its intended audience? We will read your project with a critical eye and we can have a dialogue about what works–and what doesn’t.
- Submission Package–You’re ready to submit your work to agents and editors–how about making it shine before you do? We will review your query letter, synopsis, and first three chapters/50 pages with a full copy/line edit.
- Website/Blog Review–Does your website copy have typos, spelling, grammar or clarity issues? There’s a pretty good chance it does, unless you’ve had a second set of sharp eyes read every word. We can make it shine so that the only things your readers will see are your words and your brand message–not the mistakes.
We’d love to hear about your project! Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t wait to hear all about it!